Are you planning to improve your page ranking? But, wondering which might be the best backlink checker tool for you? You can find several backlink checker tools, each having great features with some flaws. With plenty of options available, it becomes difficult for us to choose the best among them.
Don’t worry; I have listed the 8 best backlink checker tools with pros and cons. So, please read this article and decide for yourself by comparing them.
Table of Contents
Semrush is an excellent tool that lets you check your website’s backlink status accurately. Also, it allows you to spy on other websites. You can also use the tool for keyword research, rank tracking, link building, social media management, and on-page optimization. It is the complete package for online marketing.
Further, it has extensive data with frequent updates making it one of the best backlink checker tools. By using the tool, you can achieve a higher ranking on Google searches and better link–building opportunities.
- It is an all-in-one digital marketing platform, not limited to only backlink checking.
- It has an extensive backlink database.
- Link discovery becomes faster and easier.
- You can also get 30 day’s free trial.
Despite being one of the best backlink checker tools, it has some disadvantages. Such as;
- Expensive in the initial phase but provides value for money.
- Moreover, way too many features can be confusing.
- Some features may not be necessary for all businesses.
Is it a free tool?
No, Semrush doesn’t provide free service. However, you can get a month free trial. After that, you must purchase one of its packages; Pro-plan at $129.95, Guru plan at $249.95, and business plan at $499.95 monthly.
Out of the 8 best backlink checker tools, Ahrefs is one of the most effective and efficient SEO and research tools. It has dominated the digital marketing world for an extended period. It is still the best tool because it offers highly accurate and up-to-date data. Also, it has one of the best interfaces that beginners can easily use.
- It has a massive database.
- Renowned for its extensive backlink analysis capabilities.
- Powerful keyword research tools.
- Provides accurate and up-to-date rank tracking for specific keywords.
- Finally, it has excellent UI.
- It has no free trial services.
- Immediate extra charge for overages.
- The highly essential backlink analysis features are only available with higher-tier services.
- Also, poor value for the money.
- Limited historical data in standard plans.
Does it offer a free trial?
No, Ahrefs doesn’t offer a free trial. You need to take a subscription that starts at $99/month.
SE Ranking is an all-in-SEO tool like Ahrefs and Semrush. Although it is well-known for rank tracking, it also provides backlink checking and monitoring services.
SE Ranking comes with two tools; a Backlink checker and a backlink monitor that assist in analyzing backlinks.
- SE Ranking has a more extensive backlink index.
- It helps in analyzing and monitoring backlinks with daily updates.
- Allows users to monitor their backlink profiles, identify new backlinks, and assess the quality of those links.
- Great value for money due to affordable price.
- The learning curve can be hectic.
- The availability of historical data in SE Ranking may be limited in lower-tier plans.
SE Ranking Pricing
SE Ranking has chosen the usage-based pricing model. The cost will vary depending on how frequently you check rankings, how many keywords you wish to track, and the length of your membership. Plans begin at $44 a month.
Moz Pro is also one of the oldest backlink checker tools in the market. Even though it has been around for a while, it has advanced significantly from its beginning. It has various features designed to enhance digital marketing outcomes and facilitate more effective campaigns.
Its extensive toolkit makes the deployment process more straightforward for small and large enterprises. You can use the tool to compare the competitor’s backlink profile with your site. Thus, it will help you target better by knowing the competitors’ strategies.
- Moz Pro includes a powerful site audit tool that helps users identify and fix on-page SEO issues.
- Moz’s Link Explorer provides detailed insights into a website’s backlink profile.
- The tool will help you with deep backlink insights for analyzing the competitors.
- Users can create custom reports with Moz Pro.
- Index not as extensive as of competitors.
- Uses limits compared to other tools.
All plans of Moz Pro include 24-hour online support and start from $69/month.
Although Ubersuggest is primarily used for keyword research, the integrated Backlink Discovery tool makes it excellent for evaluating and examining your link profile.
- Ubersuggest provides information about a website’s backlink profile, allowing users to see the number of backlinks, referring domains, and anchor text distribution.
- Users can perform competitor analysis with Ubersuggest, gaining insights into competitors’ top-performing pages, backlink profiles, and ranking keywords.
- Ubersuggest has a user-friendly interface, making it accessible for users who may be new to SEO tools.
- While Ubersuggest offers a free version, its functionality is limited compared to the paid plans.
- The paid plans for Ubersuggest may be considered relatively expensive, especially for small businesses or individuals with tight budgets.
- Only a few backlink filtering options.
- Only limited keywords and projects.
You can use the accessible version of Ubersuggest, but it has limited access. However, you can also buy a plan as per the requirement that starts from $29/month.
Serpstat is one of the best backlink checker tools that has updated itself in the last few years. Despite having a smaller link index than other tools, it has various built-in SEO tools such as keyword research, rank tracker, competitor’s research tool, etc. Further, it comes with excellent data visualization with graphical representation.
- It provides excellent features at an affordable price.
- Graphical representation makes it easier to analyze the rank.
- It is also an all-in-one solution for digital marketing and backlink analysis.
- While Serpstat provides backlink analysis, the depth of its backlink database may not be as extensive as some other specialized backlink tools.
The Serpstat plan starts at $59/month. Further, you can also get around 20% discounts on a yearly subscription.
Among all the backlink checker tools mentioned, Majestic is the only specialized backlink checker tool. It only provides backlink building and checking facilities more efficiently than other tools. Further, its proprietary metrics such as trust flow, visibility flow, citation flow, and flow metric score also assist you in better understanding of link intelligence data.
- It helps in finding mutual links between any two sites.
- Provides free SEO browser plugins so that you can quickly get backlink data of any site.
- It doesn’t provide other SEO features besides backlink checking compared to other tools.
The package plan begins at $49.99/ month. You can also get a free trial.
BuzzSumo is not just a backlink checker tool; it is a complete package for a content marketing platform. It is the most efficient tool for content marketers because it helps you generate better ideas for following blogs by analyzing the best-performing content.
- It is suitable for content marketers to find influencers and help build the link.
- It helps in tracking and analyzing the backlinks quickly.
- It is not entirely dedicated to backlink tracking compared to other tools.
You can use this tool just by signing up, where you will get access to 10 free searches each month. Further, you can get unlimited access by buying the package, which starts from $199/month.
Effective backlinks are still one of the top ranking factors in Search Engines’ ranking algorithm. So, if your goal is to increase organic traffic and raise your site’s ranking, focus on monitoring and strengthening your backlink profile.
However, it takes time and patience to manage and build the backlinks. Also, you need some reliable tools that can give you proper guidance.
Hence, you can choose any of the backlink checker tools mentioned above to meet your target and out-compete the competitors. I hope you find this article helpful. Feel free to comment below or contact me if you have any queries.